- Must be 21 years of age or older to rent any of our equipment.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Qualified renter must be present to complete the rental contract.
- Intoxicants are strictly prohibited. Service will be refused to anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Physical Impairment: We understand that many people with disabilities are fully able to enjoy our summer and winter sport activities. However, we will not send someone out if we feel certain that injury or harm to your person are inevitable. That said, we make every effort to afford everyone the opportunity to enjoy our services.
- All persons involved with our activities acknowledge that said activities are potentially dangerous and agree to hold Northern Recreational, Inc., all owners, employees and affiliated properties harmless.
- Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Walk-in traffic will be accommodated on an availability basis.
- Often, time slots will be available within a short period of time, please call or speak to our staff to inquire.
- Deposits are required for your request to be placed on our reservation calendar.
- When you make a reservation with us, you agree to abide by all of our policies.
- A $500.00 damage deposit is required at the time of your reservation. [Related: Cancellation]
- Deposits must be made with a credit card.
- No personal checks will be accepted on the date of your rental.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Sorry no American Express at this time.
- All credit card transactions must be made by the person named on the card. A valid drivers license must accompany the credit card.
- We will not accept credit cards from someone other than the owner of the card.
- Cancellations made 15 days or more before your reserved date are eligible for a refund of the deposit.
- Cancellations made between 8-14 days before your date are eligible for a refund of your deposit ONLY if we can rebook the time slot. If we are not able to book the time slot, no refund will be given.
- Cancellations made 7 days or less from your reserved date will receive no refund of your deposit and you will be billed in full for the rental period reserved.
- NO SHOWS will be charged in full for the rental period reserved.
- We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for violations to our policies. There will be no refund of your deposit.
- We reserve the right, solely at our discretion, to reschedule and/or cancel your reservation in the event of inclement weather. You will be eligible for a refund of your deposit in this circumstance.
- It is inevitable that reserved equipment will occasionally be unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances at the time of your rental reservation. We reserve the right to offer you substitute equipment of equal or greater value in lieu of the originally reserved equipment at no extra coat to you. If no alternate equipment is available, we really have no choice but to reschedule or cancel your reservation.
- We will charge your credit card in the amount of $500.00 per piece of equipment as a damage deposit.
- Renter is responsible for any and all losses and damages to our equipment while in your care, up to and including replacement cost.
- Renter is solely responsible for ensuring the safety of the vessel during the rental period.
- All damages in excess of $100 must be reported to Northern Recreational Rentals and to local law enforcement immediately.
- Renter will get his/her damage deposit back if the equipment is returned unharmed and completely filled up with the proper fuel.
- All refunds will be credited to the credit card that was used for the rental.
- There is NO early return refund.
- Northern Recreational Rentals offers NO insurance coverage for equipment damages incurred during your rental period.
- Please check with your homeowner, auto, or credit card company to see if there is an insurance rider available to you.
Policies are subject to change at any time without notice. In the event that any policy is unenforceable by Federal or State of Michigan law, you are still bound by the applicable law. Renter agrees that all legal issues arising from any transaction between the renter and Northern Recreational Rentals, Inc. will be contested in Cheboygan County, State of Michigan.